THE 6 COMPARISONS (ARROGANT VS HUMBLE SPOUSE)
1. An arrogant spouse would rather justify his/her behaviour than apologise; a humble spouse will apologise first before explaining his/her action.
2. An arrogant spouse will listen to a message and point out what his/her spouse needs to work on; a humble spouse will listen to a message in order to learn and grow.
3. An arrogant spouse expects and demands to be served; a humble spouse takes pleasure in serving.
4. An arrogant spouse is selfish, often putting his/her interest first; a humble spouse thinks first about his/her spouse’s interest.
5. An arrogant spouse likes to be right and to have the last word in every disagreement; a humble spouse thinks about the interest of the marriage (winning over the relationship, not the argument).
6. An arrogant spouse is always pushing to show ‘knowledge’; a humble spouse is teachable, willing to learn.
Chidi & Victor Akunna